Sending/Accepting Appointments Through Outlook Mobile



Sending/Accepting Appointments Through Outlook Mobile
Sending/Accepting Appointments Through Outlook Mobile 
Phone - HTC Touch - WM6
Wireless Provider - Rogers Canada
ISP - Bell Sympatico

I have come to this forum as a last resort, I am really stuck.

Until recently, I sent/received my Bell Sympatico mail using a POP3 set-up. I could accept meeting appointments which go straight to my Outlook Mobile calendar, and send meeting appointments through SMTP (rather than having to sync with my desktop Outlook). Everything works great, except that POP3 does not support push email........

Phone - HTC Touch - WM6
Wireless Provider - Rogers Canada
ISP - Bell Sympatico

I have come to this forum as a last resort, I am really stuck.

Until recently, I sent/received my Bell Sympatico mail using a POP3 set-up. I could accept meeting appointments which go straight to my Outlook Mobile calendar, and send meeting appointments through SMTP (rather than having to sync with my desktop Outlook). Everything works great, except that POP3 does not support push email.

Therefore, as I found that Sympatico email is registered with Windows Live, I set my Outlook Mobile to receive my email through this service. The push email works fine, but appointments that are sent to me are treated as normal emails and I can't accept as appointments. Furthermore, when I send an appointment using Windows Live as the outgoing server, same thing, the appointment notice loses its properties and is sent as a regular email.

I have tried everything; clearing password and re-registering with Windows Live, hard reset, through every option available both on the phone and on my Windows Live options accessed through the desktop.  A problem with Rogers or Bell Sympatico is unlikely because if I go back to my POP3 account, everything works fine. It has to be how Windows Live interacts with Outlook Mobile or how Windows live handles the email data.

My suspicion is that Windows Live is only showing/transmitting a part of the email. When I use the manage folder options in Outlook Mobile, the options are set to "Get headers only" and "include 1 kB of message body". While I can change these options on the screen, the changes won't keep (it keeps returning to "message headers only). This in my mind however doesn't explain why sending message appointments doesn't work also.

Lobster tails on me for anyone who can get my windows live / outlook mobile working as it should.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2010-2011 DeskTop Mobile . All Rights Reserved.