Alternative to Notes for Windows Mobile 5.1



Alternative to Notes for Windows Mobile 5.1
Alternative to Notes for Windows Mobile 5.1 
After having used Palm OS for some years, I finally switched over to Windows Mobile with the purchase of a HP iPAQ hw6965.  I was already using Microsoft Outlook on the desktop, so transfering data to the new device was easy.  Contacts and Calendar have been working fine for me, however I find the Notes app on Windows Mobile 5.1 to be totally useless........
After having used Palm OS for some years, I finally switched over to Windows Mobile with the purchase of a HP iPAQ hw6965.  I was already using Microsoft Outlook on the desktop, so transfering data to the new device was easy.  Contacts and Calendar have been working fine for me, however I find the Notes app on Windows Mobile 5.1 to be totally useless.

First of all, when I open the Notes app up I cannot see a significant portion of notes' titles.  I see only the first twelve or so characters for each item, which is not nearly enough for me to identify a note of interest.  Those twelve characters are followed by the time the note was modified, then followed by a long blank space, then followed by the note's size.  I don't care about any of that extraneous information, and the blank space just adds to my frustration since its clearly wasted screen real estate and nothing else.  Once I do open a note, whether it be the one I'm looking for or not, then try to close it, I have to wait several seconds for changes to be saved, even though I haven't changed anything... so frustrating!  That then means that simply viewing a note on the device may create a conflict when synchronizing since I may have acutally, intentionally modified the note in Outlook.

I have searched the net for an alternative to this useless Notes app, but so far to no avail.  I also looked into upgrading to Windows Mobile 6, thinking its Notes app might be better, but HP doesn't offer such an option.  So if someone knows of a good alternative app I can use, please post it here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2010-2011 DeskTop Mobile . All Rights Reserved.