Windows Mobile email problem with display name



Windows Mobile email problem with display name
Windows Mobile email problem with display name 
I've got a Smartphone running WM6.1. I'm also running Outlook 2007 on my desktop. I changed my primary default Outlook email address on the desktop, and it worked fine. By simply syncing the Smartphone, the settings were downloaded and I can now send email from the same account via the Smartphone's default Outlook email.....
I've got a Smartphone running WM6.1. I'm also running Outlook 2007 on my desktop. I changed my primary default Outlook email address on the desktop, and it worked fine. By simply syncing the Smartphone, the settings were downloaded and I can now send email from the same account via the Smartphone's default Outlook email.

Here's the problem - when I send email through the Smartphone's default Outlook, the display name and reply email address that's listed at the top of the recipient's email is still the old info. So if they click Reply, their message goes to the old email account. If I send email from my new account via Outlook on the desktop, the display name and reply email account are correct.

I can't figure out why this happens, nor how to change it. There are no real account settings to adjust for the default Outlook account on the Smartphone. All those settings come from the desktop and are sync'd to the phone. So since the desktop info is correct, why isn't the Smartphone's info correct? This is frustrating because I can't send or reply to emails from the phone since the recipient will see an incorrect display name, and I wouldn't even get their reply because it'd go to the wrong email account.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2010-2011 DeskTop Mobile . All Rights Reserved.