New to Windows Mobile



New to Windows Mobile
New to Windows Mobile 
Hi All,
I have switched from Nokia 5800 running Symbian S60 5th edition to HTC HD2 running Windows Mobile 6.5.
HD2 is a great device and HTC Sense helps a lot, however windows mobile is extremely difficult compared to S60.
I have some questions:
1- Is there a guide for Windows Mobile 6.5 itself and not the HTC Sense? I have read the quick guide at http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/qrg/ but it didn't help. Also the insider section of the windows mobile site doesn't seem to be enough......
Hi All,
I have switched from Nokia 5800 running Symbian S60 5th edition to HTC HD2 running Windows Mobile 6.5.
HD2 is a great device and HTC Sense helps a lot, however windows mobile is extremely difficult compared to S60.
I have some questions:
1- Is there a guide for Windows Mobile 6.5 itself and not the HTC Sense? I have read the quick guide at http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/qrg/ but it didn't help. Also the insider section of the windows mobile site doesn't seem to be enough.
I just need a user guide for Windows Mobile 6.5 that is as detailed as the HTC Sense guide.
2- I don't use Outlook to save my contacts but it seems to be the only way to sync. I have synced my Nokia contacts to Outlook 2007 then using Active Sync, I got the contacts and notes to my Windows Mobile. From now on I want to use My Phone as my backup and syncing option however whenever I delete my Windows PC entry from the Active Sync program, all the contacts are gone.
Is there a way to stop using Active Sync and persist my contacts?
3- In S60 you can assign more than one phone with the same label to a contact, i.e. a person has 2 mobiles and I don't want to classify them as work and home because they really aren't, in fact they are 2 numbers in 2 different countries. Also in S60, you can edit the label itself, i.e. mobile (favorite) and mobile (father) and so on.
On the other hand Windows Mobile is has fixed labels and you cannot use the same label twice. Is there a workaround for this?
4- Is there a way to stop automatic 3G data connection? HTC Sense can stop it momentarily but it goes back again. I want to download things via data connection only when I enable it first.
5- Can I create shortcut to profiles so that i switch between them?
6- Why the limit of 3 alarms, can I define more than 3 alarms?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2010-2011 DeskTop Mobile . All Rights Reserved.